Ikke no tittel....

Her diskuteres alt som er av sportsvogner! Tidligere temaer fra den nå nedlagte delen GPP er også lagt inn her.

Moderators: inge, NoBrain

ElViz

Ikke no tittel....

Post by ElViz »

Fant en fin artikkel jeg bare må dele... : Zen & Ferrari V12 Maintenance
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/an ... ce-feature
Et lite klipp:
-----------------------------------
Some years ago, legendary Indy 500 mechanic George Bignotti was asked why he’d had so few engine failures. His answer was that it had to do with assembling his engines slowly, gently. He’d torque the main bearing caps in several easy increments over a few weeks as opposed to tightening to spec in a day or two. “We let the molecules get to know each other,” he explained. What he was talking about, it seems, is that race engines have personalities, even souls.

I have no problem with that. There is a soul, and for me it’s what the Italian engines have that German engines don’t. Italian engineers have always had the ability to create something that’s light, simple, beautiful, cross-drilled; the Germans, for the same job, have always tended to create something strong but three times heavier. Japanese cars are really, really good—they require no maintenance, they’re reliable, they do everything you want a car to do. But they have no soul. Or take my Ford truck—there’s a computer that governs the ignition, throttle, and brakes, but I can’t fix the thing. There are no computers on my ’34 Alfa or a 275GTB, and that’s key. What was so special about the drive across France in our Alfa last summer was that there we were, the soul showing through, with the front fenders bobbing up and down, those big headlights out in front, and that straight-8 roaring. That’s an entirely different kind of experience. What makes it so special is that a car like that draws you into its world, which is one of passion and great intelligence.
--------------------------------------
Odd Goderstad

x-er: 60'Fiat 1100, 60'Simca Vedette, 60 og 61 Plymouth (3), 76 Toyota Celica LB, 73 Buick Riviera, 81 Camaro,++
94 Toyota MR2
vids

Re: Ikke no tittel....

Post by vids »

Beste spm/svar er jo denne :D

And the argument that this represents a distortion of what these cars were originally all about? That these tools of adventure are now staid museum pieces?

I own a prewar Alfa that won its class at Pebble Beach last year against billionaires. But afterward, my wife and I drove the car 1000 miles in Colorado, then we took it to Italy to show at Villa d’Este, then drove to central France, and then to Switzerland for its flight home. I change people’s oil for a living; I own a car I can’t afford, but I drive it. That answers the question, I think.
2001 Impreza "pure racing edition" (racingbilen)
2012 Bmw 330xD m-sport

x 2005 Smart roadster coupe (sportsbilen) solgt
http://altibildeler.no
Yukikaze

Re: Ikke no tittel....

Post by Yukikaze »

vids wrote:Beste spm/svar er jo denne :D

And the argument that this represents a distortion of what these cars were originally all about? That these tools of adventure are now staid museum pieces?

I own a prewar Alfa that won its class at Pebble Beach last year against billionaires. But afterward, my wife and I drove the car 1000 miles in Colorado, then we took it to Italy to show at Villa d’Este, then drove to central France, and then to Switzerland for its flight home. I change people’s oil for a living; I own a car I can’t afford, but I drive it. That answers the question, I think.
Perfekt.
SVX - VTD